Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Depression

1. #1 22nd October 2015 
    Thanks

Depression

Most people who don't understand depression will think someone is just lazy or he/she needs to change the attitude. Worst case scenario I have ever had with depression is sleeping, eating and going back to sleeping again. But eventually, I got myself together and now I feel normal and happy again. Depression is a disease and it is no joke!
  2. #2 23rd October 2015 
    Thanks
    Yes, depression shouldn't be taken for granted. When it becomes worse, the person can become suicidal. Depression affects the mental, emotional, and physical health of a person.
  3. #3 23rd October 2015 
    Thanks
    This is true. It is a not something that someone can just snap out of. It is a combination of circumstances that cause depression. People can take steps to make themselves feel better, but if the steps don't work out for whatever reason it can worsen the depression. It takes time and patience to overcome depression. Sometimes medication and therapy help too. You need to make sure that you take the steps necessary to alleviate depression.
  4. #4 23rd October 2015 
    Thanks
    I agree, it's a disease and you should see a doctor if you feel depressed out of nowhere.
  5. #5 23rd October 2015 
    Thanks
    Depression is bring taken more and more seriously these days, and I think a lot of that is down to charities being able to get the word out there.

It's now seen as an illness, and an illness that needs to be talked about whereas before it was brushed under the carpet and was a topic that people felt uncomfortable with.
  6. #6 23rd October 2015 
    Thanks
    Yes, depression can really make a person lose energy. Thus, it results to the point where you can no longer accomplish your goals. This is why people who suffer from depression are often viewed as lazy or bum. Instead of judging, I guess it is best for us to talk with that person and see if there are some things we can do to help.
  7. #7 23rd October 2015 
    Thanks
    I'm not even sure if its a lack of energy, I think it might be more a lack of motivation that it drains out of the person.

Ice known people myself who have been diagnosed with depression, and they say they know what they want to do, and when they're doing it, its also fine, it's just the having the motivation and the willpower to start doing that job in the first place they struggle with.
  8. #8 24th October 2015 
    Thanks
    I think many of us will experience depression sometime in our lives. It doesn't have to be that serious that we become suicidal, but just depressed on how things are going on with our lives. What's important is that we have someone to talk to. Vent out our feelings. It greatly lightens the weight we are carrying.
  9. #9 24th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Depression is one hell of a disease. Sometimes it's very hard to differentiate it from boredom until you realized you are bored all the time. Then it becomes apathy until it finally eats away at your energy and you no longer can bear to face the day. That was my experience at least. Pretty scary stuff, and I wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy.
  10. #10 24th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesysbr View Post
    Depression is one hell of a disease. Sometimes it's very hard to differentiate it from boredom until you realized you are bored all the time. Then it becomes apathy until it finally eats away at your energy and you no longer can bear to face the day. That was my experience at least. Pretty scary stuff, and I wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy.
    Yes, depression is a serious condition. It's a good thing you were able to overcome it. How did you do it? As far as I've known, it's really difficult to beat depression. One can have all the support he can get, but will still suffer from depression.
  11. #11 25th October 2015 
    Thanks
    There are several natural ways to cure depression. For instance, working out, jogging, and sex are among the many natural ways to this. You can also cure depression in negative ways like drinking. I wouldn't trust drug companies and thier cures for depression.

Finally, on another subject, I think people bully those with depression, especially men. Men and boys with depression are often called weak because they don't seem happy.
  12. #12 25th October 2015 
    Thanks
    I know a lot of people that have been diagnosed with depression and I'm not sure that cure is the right word. I think with depression it's more about managing it, and if a person suffers from it, its all about making sure they keep it under control as much as they can.
  13. #13 26th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Depression is part of what makes us feeling creatures. It is normal to be depressed when something bad happens to you, but if I goes on too long itoften needs to be treated medically as it is a disease. There are many things you can do to help yourself feel better, but don't rule out medical intervention. It is better than being depressed.
  14. #14 26th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Way too many people don't realize that depression is a mental disease, not just an emotion. It's hard to explain to people and it's sometimes hard to get the help that you need. I've had depression since I was fourteen years old, and to this day I still struggle with it on a regular basis.
  15. #15 27th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason76 View Post
    There are several natural ways to cure depression. For instance, working out, jogging, and sex are among the many natural ways to this. You can also cure depression in negative ways like drinking. I wouldn't trust drug companies and thier cures for depression.

Finally, on another subject, I think people bully those with depression, especially men. Men and boys with depression are often called weak because they don't seem happy.
    Drinking to cure depression is simply wrong. If you drink and drink, more consequences will come and it will do you more harm than good. If you are really diagnosed with depression, you should work with a medical team to solve it.
  16. #16 28th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Depression should be taken seriously. Many people think that it can be easily cured, but it's not. Many people suffer from depression and we just don't see it. We'll just realize they were battling the condition when they harm themselves to the point of being suicidal.
  17. #17 28th October 2015 
    Thanks
    There are many reasons why a certain person is suffering from depression. They maybe feeling sad and alone, had loss a love one, is hopeless in life, is jobless, had an inactive lifestyle, had financial problems, or maybe suffering from a medical condition that is why they had this feeling of anxieties, worries and fears that leads them to depression. That is why it is better that a person having this kind of condition to be diagnose at once by a doctor to give them the right treatment that they need. And one thing they should let themselves to be surrounded by people who had positive thoughts and attitudes that will help them to also have a positive outlook in life.
  18. #18 29th October 2015 
    Thanks
    I think all of us go through with depression. Not as serious as others, but we all experience how it feels like to have nothing at all and to feel absolutely worthless.
  19. #19 29th October 2015 
    Thanks
    It is really hard for people to understand the difference between real depression and just being a bit sad. I've had people tell me that I need to suck things up when it's not nearly that simple. If it were as easy as sucking it up and moving on with my life, I would have done it by now. Being depressed is a long and really hard road to go down. There are many helplines out there that can help. It's a good idea to look into therapy as well.
  20. #20 29th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Depression and sadness are definitely not the same thing. Not everyone suffers from depression. A lot of people never will. It's a mental disorder and it's not something that just happens because you're going through a rough patch and that you will get over when you enter a better point of your life.